Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 8/18/2020 to Recipes
If you're looking for a go-to, easy and delicious week-night dinner idea, this just might be the perfect recipe for you. Not only is this recipe tasty, it’s packed with healthy protein and nutrients. Bell peppers are a great source of vitamins C, A, B6, potassium, folate and iron, to name a few. They also contain fiber that helps with digestion. Try our Yeast-Free Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe – this is one the whole family will love!
Yeast-Free Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
*makes 4 servings
- 5 bell peppers (any color)
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1/4 C onion, diced
- 1 C bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Handful of spinach
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/2 t salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is heating, chop 1/4 C onion and 1 C bell pepper and set aside.
- Cut off the tops of 4 of the bell peppers (the 5th pepper is diced), core and seed. Discard top, core and seeds. In a baking dish, bake peppers for 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- While peppers are baking, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion, peppers and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Add ground meat and stir into your vegetable mixture. Once meat is browned, add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly into your baked bell peppers and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for another 5 minutes. The peppers are done when the skin is wrinkly and the cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite steamed veggies and enjoy!