Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 6/2/2022 to Recipes
Meatballs for dinner, anyone? This recipe is one the whole family will love. It’s delicious, filling and the ground beef has lot of protein. Always try to buy grass-fed beef since it is healthier than grain-fed beef.
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ cup green onions
- 1/3 cup tomato purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 8 oz. can tomato purée
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. oregano leaves, crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Combine all meatball ingredients except olive oil.
- Shape to form approximately 16 meatballs. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in olive oil. Drain grease.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs in skillet.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Don’t be tempted to make regular spaghetti with this dish, especially if you are on the yeast-free eating program! Zucchini noodles, or zoodles, make a great substitution for spaghetti. Try our Yeast-Free Zoodles Recipe. Because zucchini is so mild and takes on the taste of just about anything it's cooked with, zoodles are a great healthy substitute for the real thing. Put your meatballs and sauce on top of a bowl of zoodles and enjoy!