Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 12/23/2020 to Recipes
Don’t have time to make breakfast every day? Are you an egg lover who needs protein to start your day off right? These Yeast-Free Egg Cups are not only easy to make, but also delicious, incredibly filling and even more satisfying. Imagine an omelet packed down to the size of a muffin, and that's exactly what these are. Plus, you can make enough to have breakfast ready for the entire week!
Get creative with this recipe! If you want to mix in breakfast sausage, spinach, beans or any vegetables, feel free to do so. Be sure to make extra because these are easy to store in the fridge and heat up later.
Yeast-Free Egg Cups Recipe
*makes 8-9 egg cups
• 6 eggs
• 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and cut into little pieces (or substitute ham or turkey)
• Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, scramble eggs and add salt and pepper.
2. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking. Evenly distribute scrambled egg mixture into muffin tin, filling up about halfway.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, until eggs are cooked about halfway.
4. After 10 minutes, sprinkle bacon pieces (or vegetables) onto eggs and bake for 5 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
6. Serve over a bed of spinach, top with salsa or enjoy with half an avocado.
*Another alternative is to line the tin cups in the muffin pan with an uncooked piece of bacon, and then pour in the egg so that it is wrapped in bacon after it’s cooked.
Have fun making these, and more importantly, enjoy!