Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 1/24/2022 to Recipes
What is it about chicken soup that sounds so comforting? It’s healthy, nourishing and it fills you up with its warmth.
Chicken soup is rich in many vitamins and nutrients that help strengthen your immune system, which can be helpful against the cold and flu. It’s hydrating and can help thin mucous and promote drainage. So whether you just want a good, tasty bowl of chicken soup or you’re feeling under the weather, this recipe is a must-have.
Yeast-Free Delicious, Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 (17.5 oz.) can unsweetened chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Place breasts, broth and water in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam.
- After chicken is completely cooked, remove and shred. Reduce heat and return to pot.
- Add vegetables and seasonings. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Now go curl up on the couch in a blanket and let this delicious chicken soup warm you up!