Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 10/2/2020 to Recipes
The upcoming holidays could be a challenge to survive while you are doing the yeast-free eating program, but with our help, this is a great excuse to try a new recipe! This Yeast-Free Crème Brulee Recipe is straight off the presses, fresh from the Nutritionists’ test kitchen.
Just get ready, because we are sure it will be your new favorite.
Crème Brulee is a classic egg-based custard dish. With a couple of substitutions, you can enjoy a gourmet Yeast-Free Crème Brulee* in no time. Besides the deliciousness you can look forward to, and the fact that no one will notice it’s yeast-free, the health benefits of organic eggs are definitely a reason to try this recipe.
Organic eggs are sometimes called the perfect food. One egg has small amounts of every vitamin. The egg whites have all of the water soluble vitamins (Vitamin C and all of the B Vitamins). The egg yolk has small amounts of all of the fat soluble vitamins, like Vitamin D and Vitamin K. Granted, the amounts are small and not enough for a day’s worth of therapeutic vitamin intake, but as much as you can try to get vitamins from your food…you should. And when your vitamins taste like Crème Brulee, you may be more likely to take them!
Yeast-Free Crème Brulee Recipe
1 quart canned coconut milk with no sugar added
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 cup Sweet-N-Natural
6 large organic egg yolks
2 quarts hot water (to pour into the pan)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place coconut milk, coconut oil and the vanilla bean into a medium sauce pan set over medium to medium high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and let sit 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean.
4. In a medium bowl, stir ½ cup of the Sweet-N-Natural and the egg yolk until well blended and starts to lighten in color. Add the coconut milk and oil gradually, mixing continually. Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins. Place the Crème Brulee cups into a larger cake pan and pour enough water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or just until set.
6. Remove from pan and put into refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to 2 days. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before torching the Sweet-N-Natural. Divide the remaining sweetener among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Use a small torch (carefully) to melt the Sweet-N-Natural. You can also put into a 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes to caramelize. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
This sweet and extra creamy custard is best served with organic fresh berries like blueberries or strawberries. So there you have it. Quite possibly one of the healthiest and most delicious desserts on earth!
PS. It would not be against any rules to save one of the cups for breakfast. We highly recommend it.
*The only side note here is that the recipe has coconut milk, so you should hold off until after the first 2 weeks of eating yeast-free to make this recipe.