Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 7/20/2022 to Recipes
Chicken salad makes a very refreshing lunch, especially when it’s hot outside. It’s easy to make, delicious, and you can store it in the fridge so you have something quick and ready to eat all week long. It also makes a great snack or dinner when you need something in a hurry, or just don’t have the time to prepare a full meal. Chicken is high in protein and filling, too.
Here are some creative ways you can eat chicken salad:
- on a bed of fresh organic spinach or greens
- on or with a side of celery sticks
- stuffed in ripe tomatoes
- with a side of cherry tomatoes
- with some pecans or walnuts crumbled on top
- 3 cups boiled chicken, de-boned and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Mild Mustard
- Combine chicken, vegetables, mayonnaise and mustard together in a large serving bowl. Season mixture to taste.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for several hours. Serve on crisp lettuce leaves.
*Optional: Chicken may easily be substituted with tuna, turkey, or ham, if desired.