Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 1/11/2021 to Recipes
Are you craving a healthy Mexican food dish? This Yeast-Free Chicken Fajita Bake is so healthy and simple that you might find yourself making it time and time again. And the best part about this recipe is that you can get as creative as you want. Toss in any and all of your favorite veggies to get in extra fiber, top it with your favorite fajita toppings, or enjoy it as is. Either way, you can't go wrong!
Yeast-Free Chicken Fajita Bake
• 6-8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
• 1/2 T chili powder
• 1/8 t garlic powder
• 1/8 t onion powder
• 1/8 t crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/8 t dried oregano
• 1/4 t paprika
• 3/4 t ground cumin
• 1/2 t sea salt
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 white onion, thinly sliced
• 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 T coconut oil or butter, liquified
• Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, salsa, Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay chicken in a glass baking dish.
2. In a small mixing bowl or ramekin, mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, ground cumin and sea salt. Sprinkle over chicken.
3. Spread onions, tomatoes and bell peppers on top of chicken evenly.
4. Drizzle coconut oil or butter over the peppers and onions. If using cheese, sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
6. Slice chicken into thin strips and top with your favorite fajita toppings (guacamole, salsa, Greek yogurt, etc...) and enjoy!