Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 9/15/2020 to Recipes
Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what these muffins are made of!
If you're following the yeast-free eating plan, these are a real treat, because instead of sugar, we use Sweet-n-Natural, which is made of erythritol. Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol derived from the bark of Birchwood trees and the skin of fruits. It is approved for yeast-free, gluten-free and Paleo eating programs. Erythritol is safe for diabetics and hypoglycemics, as well.
Yeast-Free Apple Spice Muffins
- 1 C Sweet-n-Natural
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 C almond flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat Sweet-n-Natural, applesauce, coconut oil, and eggs with hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- On low speed, beat in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly into baking cups.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!