Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 9/29/2020 to Recipes
Pumpkin this and pumpkin that. It comes with the territory that is the fall season, and we couldn't love it more! Providing a ton of antioxidants and essential vitamins like A and C, pumpkins are actually one of the healthiest, most versatile foods you can eat.
With 8 grams of protein and only 7 grams of carbohydrates per serving, this easy pumpkin cheesecake will have you going back for seconds (maybe even thirds!). Not to mention, it's so easy that even those who deem themselves "non-bakers" can't mess this one up!
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Crushed Pecan Crust
- Butter (for greasing pan)
- 1/2 C pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 C Sweet-n-Natural
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cans pure canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 C Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 t ginger
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cloves
- 1/4 t salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2 spring-form cheesecake pan.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with chopped pecans, distributing evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Sweet-n-Natural, vanilla extract and cream cheese with hand mixer until fluffy. Add pumpkin and yogurt, mixing thoroughly on medium speed.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing each well. Mix in spices and salt.
- Pour batter over the crust and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.