Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 10/19/2020 to Recipes
The holidays are about family and gratitude, but no one will argue that it’s also about the pie! If you are on a Paleo Eating Plan, you may be wondering if you can even have any pie at all, but don’t worry, you can. We wouldn’t let you go without. In fact, this Paleo Chocolate Meringue Pie is just as good as any other creamy chocolate pie you’ve had…maybe better! The best part is, you won’t feel bloated and low in energy afterwards. You’ll feel great.
Make and bake the crust first, then make the filling, then make the topping and then bake the pie. Trust us – it’s worth all the effort!
Paleo Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe
Almond Flour Crust
• 1 ½ cups almond flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoons Sweet-N-Natural
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk dry ingredients, then add coconut oil and water.
3. Knead dough until well combined. Then press the dough into a greased 9-inch pie plate, pressing dough up the sides.
4. Bake 10 minutes then cool completely.
• ¾ cups Sweet-N-Natural
• 5 tablespoons organic unsweet cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or 6 tablespoons arrowroot flour if you are avoiding corn)
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 cups unsweet canned coconut milk
• 3 egg yolks, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix together Sweet-N-Natural, cocoa, corn starch (or arrow root flour), and salt in a medium saucepan. Turn on medium heat.
2. Gradually mix in milk and turn up to medium high heat and stir gently but constantly until thickened and bubbly.
3. Reduce heat to medium low; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
4. Remove pan from heat. Mix one cup of the hot filling into the egg yolks; mix back into custard. Return pan to heat element and bring back to a gentle boil.
5. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
6. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
7. Pour hot filling into cooled crust.
• 3 egg whites
• ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
• 6 tablespoons Sweet-N-Natural
1. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually beat in Sweet-N-Natural, and then continue to beat until stiff and glossy. This can take 5-10 minutes.
3. Spread over hot filling.
4. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until golden.
5. Store covered in the refrigerator.
And there you have it. It’s your new favorite Paleo Chocolate Meringue Pie. It’s sure to please the whole family!