Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 11/12/2020 to Gluten Free
Thanksgiving dinner is notorious for being one of the most calorie-dense meals of the year. The combination of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and pecan pie alone contains more calories, simple carbohydrates, and sugar than one should have in an entire day! And while we most definitely believe you should enjoy your holiday dinner to its fullest, we also believe there are ways you can still enjoy Thanksgiving dinner without the guilt.
These mini cheesecakes are not only delicious, but they're also gluten-free, vegan, and have no added sugar. What we're trying to say is, don't feel bad about enjoying these sweet treats!
Mini Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Pecan Crust Ingredients:
• 1 1/2 C raw pecans
• 1 C Medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
• pinch of sea salt
• 1 C cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
• 1/2 C light coconut milk
• 1/2 C pure pumpkin puree
• 1/2 C maple syrup
• 2 T coconut oil, liquefied
• 1 t pumpkin pie spice
• 1 t vanilla extract
• juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Line a mini muffin tin with liners.
2. Using a food processor, blend pecans until ground. Add softened dates and sea salt and mix well until combined and sticky.
3. Transfer crust mixture into muffin liners and press down using a spoon to form crusts. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Put remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
5. Remove muffin tin from freezer and pour filling over the crust.
6. Freeze for about 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
7. Remove from freezer and enjoy!