Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 10/4/2021 to Recipes
Do you remember how much you loved mom’s meatloaf as a child? You’d come home from school and smell something delicious baking in the oven for dinner. She’d serve it with a big helping of mashed potatoes and green beans for the whole family. Oh, and it tasted so good!
For many people, meatloaf was a staple at the dinner table while they were growing up. Wouldn’t it be great to have that again? However, now that you are older and wiser about what you should eat for good health, you may be craving a healthier version of meatloaf. We’ve got just the combination of nostalgia and a healthy meat loaf recipe for you!
Mama’s Yeast-Free Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 (10 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup ground sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste for sauce
- Combine ingredients in large bowl, mixing well.
- Place in loaf pan using knife poke holes in loaf.
- Pour the 6 oz. can of tomato paste over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 ½ hours.
Now for the side dish. Instead of white mashed potatoes (that are loaded with simple carbs that convert to sugar), try our tasty Yeast-Free Asparagus Sauté Recipe. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!