Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 2/27/2023 to High Blood Pressure
Having hypertension puts you at risk for heart disease and stroke, which are leading causes of death in the United States.(1)
In 2020, more than 670,000 deaths in the United States had hypertension as a primary or contributing cause.(1)
Are you experiencing high blood pressure? Do you not like the side effects of your high blood pressure medication? Would you like to explore a natural solution?
First of all, blood pressure is the pressure of blood pushing against the walls of your arteries, which carry blood from your heart to other parts of your body. Blood pressure normally rises and falls throughout the day, but it can damage your heart and cause health problems if it stays elevated for a long time. (1)
High blood pressure, also called hypertension, is blood pressure that is higher than normal. This excessive pressure on the artery walls can damage not only your blood vessels and but also your organs. It can lead to heart failure, stroke, kidney problems, eye damage, pregnancy complications, dementia and peripheral vascular disease.
In a day and age when doctors rely so heavily on drugs for every ailment, you may not realize that there are many things you can do to help naturally lower your blood pressure. Incorporating these tips into your life will not only help keep your blood pressure in check, but also benefit your overall health.
Here are Dr. Hotze's 10 tips for lowering blood pressure naturally:
1. Detox Regularly - Our bodies are constantly bombarded with toxins and chemicals from our environment. These toxins are found in dry cleaning solutions, pesticides sprayed in our homes, the foods we eat, body lotions and soaps, air pollution, outgassing from synthetic carpets and many other products. These toxins can cause inflammation in the arteries, leading to high blood pressure and coronary artery disease.
2. Eliminate Sugar and Simple Carbohydrates - Avoid simple carbohydrates such as bread, pizza, pasta, white rice and potatoes, which are all starches that are quickly converted to sugar in your body. Sugar causes inflammation which can negatively affect your arteries, and sugar also leads to weight gain which is a cause of high blood pressure.
3. Avoid Trans Fatty Acids - Trans fatty acids are vegetable oils that have been heated to give them an indefinite shelf life. They can damage the lining of your arteries, causing high blood pressure. Trans fatty acids are found in processed food products, salad dressings, margarine, donuts, cookies, crackers, chips, fried foods, and muffins. Avoid any food that has "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" on the label.
4. Maintain an Ideal Body Weight - Weight gain and obesity can cause high blood pressure. With added weight, your extra fat tissue needs oxygen and nutrients which call for the blood vessels to circulate more blood to that tissue. This causes the heart to work harder to pump more blood through additional blood vessels, which in turn causes more pressure on the artery walls, which increases blood pressure.
5. Quit Smoking - The nicotine in cigarette smoke causes he arteries to stiffen and narrow, which increases blood pressure.
6. Exercise Regularly - Regular physical activity keeps your heart strong so that it can keep pumping blood effectively. When you are inactive, your heart has to work harder to pump, which causes more force on your arteries, increasing your blood pressure.
7. Keep Stress to a Minimum - Stressful situations can cause your blood pressure to spike. During stress, your body produces hormones which temporarily increase your blood pressure by causing your heart to beat faster and your blood vessels to narrow.
8. Restore and Balance Hormones - Testosterone and thyroid hormones have a significant positive effect on blood pressure. Research suggests that testosterone has a direct smooth muscle–relaxing effect and can induce vasodilation, or the the dilatation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure. (2) Per Dr. Broda O. Barnes in his book, Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness, when thyroid hormone is given to hypothyroid individuals who have high blood pressure, the hypertension is often lowered and sometimes even completely reversed.
9. Magnesium - Magnesium, an essential element in the human body, can help in preventing high blood pressure by relaxing the arterial walls. Numerous studies have implicated a link between lower magnesium levels in the blood or tissue and hypertension. Additionally, magnesium has shown its antioxidant benefits in the prevention of high blood pressure by lessening the damage of blood vessels from oxidative stress and preventing vascular injury. (3)
10. Dr. Hotze's Blood Pressure Support - Blood Pressure Support by Dr. Hotze helps regulate blood pressure naturally. It is a premium blend of Grape Seed Extract and Hawthorn Extract that have been designed to provide your heart with optimal support.
It is well established that maintaining healthy blood pressure is fundamental in order to avoid disorders to the heart and blood vessels. The use of natural substances has been proven to be extremely helpful for pre- and mild hypertensive patients. Research demonstrates that the use of Grape Seed Extract resulted in a benefit of controlling endothelial functionality (the main type of cell found in the inside lining of blood vessels, lymph vessels, and the heart) and blood pressure. It was noteworthy that Grape Seed Extract also relieved stress. (4)
The drug treatment of mild hypertension has been associated with metabolic changes that increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Due to this discovery, diet and various plant products have been assessed as treatment for high blood pressure. Hawthorn, the common name for Crataegus species, is one of the medicinal plants which have shown promise. Hawthorn Extract became increasingly used traditionally for the treatment of heart and circulatory problems and has been considered to be one of the best cardiac tonics found in plant kingdom. (5)
Several studies show that patients who have had a heart attack and were treated with Hawthorn Extract have displayed improvements in heart rate, decrease in blood pressure, and rise in the leftventricular ejection fraction. The study suggests that Hawthorn Extract does have an effective antihypertensive ability, as well as lipid lowering effects. (5)
We are here to help.
Order our Blood Pressure Support today. Do you have questions about your vitamin and supplement needs? Call our Certified Holistic Nutritionists and Vitamin Consultants today for a complimentary consultation at 281-646-1659. It will be our privilege to serve you.
2. Testosterone and the Cardiovascular System: A Comprehensive Review of the Basic Science Literature
4. Grape Seed Extract Positively Modulates Blood Pressure and Perceived Stress: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study in Healthy Volunteers