Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 6/5/2023 to Vitamins and Supplements
Are you struggling to focus and concentrate at work? Do you find yourself being forgetful? Are you feeling down and unmotivated? Just as your body needs the right fuel to have energy, so does your brain.
The good news is that there are ways you can improve your brain function, naturally, so that you can improve your memory and focus, and have good mental energy.
Here are 8 ways to keep your mind sharp:
1. Hydrate – Drink lots of water! Your brain is about 75% water and needs to be hydrated in order to function properly.
2. Eat Superfoods for Brain Health - In addition having good, healthy eating habits, there are some foods deemed as “superfoods” for your brain:
- Dark Chocolate
- Green Tea
- Egg Yolks
- Green Leafy Vegetables
Organic fruits and vegetables have vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to help nourish and protect your brain. They also help hydrate the body and create an extra boost of energy.
3. Eliminate Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners – Sugar is inflammatory and can impair brain function. However, do not switch to artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda and NutraSweet, which are even worse for your brain. NutraSweet, for instance, has been associated with an increased incidence of brain tumors, migraines and seizures. Instead, switch to natural sweeteners, like Sweet-n-Natural Xylitol and Sweet-n-Natural Erythritol which are safe.
4. Keep Your Brain Active – It’s important to exercise your brain. The more you use it, the sharper you will be. Inactivity can cause your brain cells to become slow and sluggish, just as what happens to your body when you are inactive. Try doing some crossword puzzles. Learn to play a new instrument. Get a new hobby such as crafts or gardening. Challenge yourself and have fun with it!
5. Get Up and Move – Regular aerobic exercise increases blood flow to the brain and can help improve verbal memory and learning. Exercise can also help boost your mood.
6. Get a Good Night’s Sleep – Sleep helps restore the brain by flushing out toxins that build up during day. Lack of sleep impairs reasoning, problem-solving, and attention to detail. Try our Sleep Formula to help you get a good night's sleep.
7. Meditate – Meditation helps improve your memory. It can also give you mental clarity.
8. Take the Right Supplements for Brain Power – Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can negatively affect your brain function. Besides eating healthy, here are a few important supplements that are important for brain and memory support:
- Fish oil - The omega-3 nutrients in fish oil are healthy fats that have been shown to preserve the integrity of the myelin covering of our brain cells. Fish oil supports the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response. Omega-3’s help improve brain function and help prevent memory loss.
- B Vitamins – B Complex vitamins promote brain function. Low levels of B-12 have been associated with increased levels of depression. A good B vitamin complex promotes nerve health and optimal brain function. It may help boost physical and mental energy and supports improved memory.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – Acetyl L-Carnitine may help boost mental energy and supports improved memory. It is a form of the amino acid derivative L-carnitine. It plays an important role in the transport of fatty acids into neuronal mitochondria. Mitochondria are the “power plants” of cells - the actual site of cellular energy generation. The brain uses as much as 25% of the entire body’s energy supply, so supporting brain energy production is crucial for memory, sharp thinking and overall cognition.
- Pyrroloquinoline – Pyrroloquinoline (PQQ) has the ability to give your "old" cells new life. It can keep your cells youthful. It can help with healthy mental function, such as recall, memory and focus; brain protection, even in advanced years; and has advanced antioxidant capabilities to keep your cells healthy.
- GABA – GABA naturally helps calm the brain. It provides relaxation to the brain and nervous system so that you can focus on one task at a time. It limits overexcitation of the brain by blocking certain brain signals. GABA also supports improved moods.
- Phosphatidyl Serine – Phosphatidyl Serine supports memory and brain function. It promotes intercellular communication that may improve learning, memory and mood. It may also reduce the risk of dementia.
- Cognitive Support – Our Cognitive Support formula contains several ingredients to enhance brain function: Acetyl L-Carnitine, Phosphatidylserine, Glycerophosphocholine (GPC), Citicoline, Ginkgo biloba, and coffee fruit concentrate.
So, as you can see, there is a lot you can do to sharpen your mental focus and memory. Start today so you can give your brain the energy it needs!
We are here to help.
Do you have questions about your health concerns and your vitamin and supplement needs? Call our Certified Holistic Nutritionists and Vitamin Consultants today at 281-646-1659. It will be our privilege to serve you.